Football Manager 2006 won't run

JOHN F K 12:09 20 Jan 06

We have installed Football Manager 2006 successfully on a Medion laptop but it won't run. FM2005 worked OK on the same machine, so why won't FM2006?
Thought it might be a soundcard problem, as the ReadMe file on the game says it needs to be DirectX compatible, so I checked that out and it is.
Can anybody tell me how to get it running?

Totally-braindead 12:14 20 Jan 06

Perhaps it doesn't meet the minimum specification for the game, what it needs is this

click here

Totally-braindead 12:18 20 Jan 06

There does also appear to be patches for the game click here Might I suggest trying this first, goto START then RUN then type DXDIAG, this will test your Direct X and sound and graphics driver, if any problem is highlighted post back with what it says.

rmcqua 12:31 20 Jan 06

The spec. requirements for the game don't seem very demanding. Did you completely uninstall FM2005 first, before installing FM2006? If not, this might be worth a try. New versions of earlier games sometimes interact in unpredicatble ways.

The Ghost of Inept Pig 12:39 20 Jan 06

When you say the game 'won't run' - what actually happens when you try to start the game up?

Do you get any error messages? Or does the game reach a certain point before crashing?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5