Fonts for Office 2003

Pine Man 11:48 04 Sep 05

I have recently changed from Office 2000 to Office 2003 and I am running XP Home edition SP2.

I have noticed that some of the fonts available to me on Office 2000 are no longer available on Office 2003.

Does anybody know how to extract the fonts from the Office 2000 installation discs so that they can be installed and available for use on Office 2003?

Totally-braindead 12:03 04 Sep 05

I don't know how to do what you ask but there are more fonts and clipart etc available from the Microsoft Office website if that helps. click here

Pine Man 12:10 04 Sep 05

Thanks for that but there are specific fonts I want which were in Office 2000 and cannot be downloaded from anywhere without payment. This a bit annoying when I know that they are in a disc which I own but I don't know how to access them!

pj123 13:03 04 Sep 05

The hard way!! Re-install Office 2000, go to C:\windows\fonts and copy the font folder to CD/floppy, or a temp folder on your hard drive.

Re-install Office 2003 and copy the 2000 fonts back to C:\windows\fonts. I think it is easier to copy all the fonts rather than try to extract particular fonts. Sometimes the file name is not the same as the font name.

Eric10 13:21 04 Sep 05

The easy way!! Insert your Office 2000 CD and cancel the setup if it autoruns. Go to Control Panel , Fonts (in Classic View), then File, Install New Font... Now in the dialogue box change to your CD drive and then navigate to Windows\Fonts on the CD. Windows will read all the fonts in that folder and display the list. Hold CTRL and click the fonts you wish to install then click OK to install them. If you have Publisher on CD2 then there are also fonts to be found in the same location on that.

Pine Man 13:39 04 Sep 05

Thanks pj123 and Eric10.
Eric10 - On the Office 2000 cd there are only two fonts in the windows/fonts folder. I think the rest are compressed somewhere else.
pj123 - I installed Office 2000 and then copied the font I wanted from the updated windows/font list then uninstalled Office 2000 and copied the font back into windows/fonts where it had been removed by the uninstallation process. It now works perfectly in Office 2003. Many thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…