Fonts not recognised

drho 17:32 24 Oct 03

Suddenly my applications are not recognising a couple of fonts I use regularly. When I go into Control Panel/Fonts and click on the problem ones I get a message saying "The requested file was not a valid font file." I should, perhaps, point out that the files in question are TrueType fonts created by a handwriting programme and which have been used successfully for a couple of years or more. Any ideas?

AubreyS 17:58 24 Oct 03

Maybe try dowloading those fonts from the internet and put them back into the fonts folder.
(C:\WINDOWS\Fonts)

Pesala 18:05 24 Oct 03

If this are home-made fonts, you obviously won't be able to download them again. If you would like to send them to me by email, I will check them out in Font Creator from click here and see if I can spot any problems. Click the yellow envelope to contact me.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:05 24 Oct 03

Have you tried re-installing the programme?

G

Pesala 18:06 24 Oct 03

You could also try the free Fix Fonts Folder utility from the High-logic download page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…