Fonts Location

westmoor 16:52 22 Jun 03

Hi
I keep getting a message telling me that I have more than 500 fonts and this may affect the display. I have never loaded any fonts in my system and I want to know where they are located and can I move some of them to another folder called perhaps "Font_Store"

powerless 17:07 22 Jun 03

C:\WINDOWS\fonts

bremner 17:07 22 Jun 03

c:\windows\fonts is the normal place.

jazzypop 17:08 22 Jun 03

Which version of Windows are you using? When does the message appear - is it from Windows, or some sort of utility programme?

pj123 17:08 22 Jun 03

Fonts are stored in C:\windows\fonts don't worry about the message, I have 950 fonts on my PC and it hasn't made any difference to the working. The only programme I know that doesn't like that many fonts is Microsoft Works. If you want to delete some of them you would be prudent to get a programme like "ThumbsPlus" which was a free programme on a few cover disks. If you want a copy email me. ThumbsPlus will give you a graphic display that shows what the font looks like, if you think you will never use it, right click it and delete it. Whatever you do don't delete any font that displays a red "A" in the fonts lists. Make a folder and copy all the fonts into it, then delete some (except the "A" fonts. Reboot and see what happens. If it doesn't like it copy them back again.

westmoor 17:15 22 Jun 03

Thank you for your replies. The program is Microsoft Works and I am using Windows XP Home.Thank you pj123 I have a copy of "Thumbsplus" but I have never tried it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…