Fonts gone all blurry

Richmond34 23:14 19 Nov 06

All the fonts in any HTML page in an email viewed through outlook has gone all blurred. I have automatic updates on so could this be due to a recent update?
It is really annoying

brundle 00:10 20 Nov 06

control panel/display/appearance/effects untick `use following method to smooth screen fonts` - it will most likely be set to Cleartype (enabled by default in IE7)

Richmond34 18:48 20 Nov 06

Thanks for your suggestion Brundle. The smooth screen fonts setting was set to "normal" rather than "cleartype". I unclicked it all the same, but it has not made a difference to teh fonts being blurred.

To clarify when I experience this problem - it is not when viewing web pages, but on emails taht I have been sent which have been created in HTML rather than in plain text. If I set my outlook to send in HTML, them my outgoing emails are blurred. If I set it to plain text then my outgoing emails are clear and normal. However, incoming emails are now always blurred if the sender sent them in HTML

Any more ideas? This happened since IE7 was downloaded as an aoutomatic update (wish I had not done that now)

brundle 18:53 20 Nov 06

It seems the answer is similar but buried a bit deeper - in Internet Options/Advanced, scroll down to Multimedia, uncheck `Always use Cleartype for HTML`

Richmond34 22:52 20 Nov 06

Thanks Brundle - that fixed it. Brillaint!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…