Annon. 21:24 22 Aug 04

I want to make a font similar to my handwriting. I have written all the letters, numbers and symbols down on a peice of paper and scanned it into my computer.

Is there a program that I can simply paste the individual characters into and save the font as a TTF file?

Pesala 23:26 22 Aug 04

but click here for a $50 shareware program that will turn scanned letters into Truetype fonts. It may be a lot more work than you expect, but excellent results are possible with patience. Font Creator is much cheaper than Fontographer ($350) or Fontlab ($550), but has all the tools you need to make Truetype fonts.

Outline need to be scanned and saved as bitmaps. Font Creator will import them, and trace them into vector images that need minor adjustements. Then you need to assign character mapping, name the font and set character widths etc, to make the letters join correctly.

click here for an online tutorial.

Pesala 23:33 22 Aug 04

click here

However, if you want to do a proper job, try a proper Truetype font editor and learn the complexities of good font design.

€dstowe 06:57 23 Aug 04

This is a complex thing to do and, from Pesala's information, not cheap if you want something of reasonable quality.

It will take a lot of time and a lot of painstaking work to achieve anything that is even near an acceptable finish. In the end, because of all the adjustments you will have to have made, it is unlikely that it will look anything like your desired result - i.e. your own handwriting.

Annon. 10:59 23 Aug 04

Thanks I will have a look at all the suggested programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…