Fonts

bobbyalec 16:01 27 Aug 03

I recently installed a new tower with new hard drive etc. and installed MS Works from my original disc, but when I look for some of my favourite fonts, e.g. "DFCalligraphy ornaments" and "Minipics (various types)" they are not on the list. I tried looking for them on the Windows 98 disc, but no luck. Can anyone tell me where I can find the above fonts in particular, as I miss them for my regular documents? I don't understand why they wre missing from my re-install..........

alcudia 16:29 27 Aug 03

Probably because it wasn't Works that installed them before. If you still have access to your old drive you can copy them.

Diemmess 16:47 27 Aug 03

As alcudia says - If you have your old HD, then attach it as a secondary master. (It can dangle as long as it isn't knocked while switched on).

Then go to C:\Windows\fonts click on File menu and choose Install new font.

Tell it to look in "X"\windows\fonts and select what you want. Don't select ALL or you will spend quite a time cancelling all the duplicated fonts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…