Font too small

kiki769 15:49 08 Jan 07

Please could you help with changing the font on my PC.
I have two Dell PC running XP and AOL. One is fine but the other, when on the internet, has very small font which is quite tiring to the eyes. I have tried changing the fonts to larger from internet explorer but it did not work. What do I need to do? Any help would be very appreciated.

skidzy 16:06 08 Jan 07

As a workaround:

Try holding down CTRL+using your scroll wheel on your mouse,this will enlarge the text for you.

jono366 16:20 08 Jan 07

Once you change the fonts in Internet expoler you have to shut down aol then restart it and the font should go to the same size as I.E then.

Stuartli 16:36 08 Jan 07

In IE go to View>Text Size and opt for Medium (this suits the purpose for most people and also applies to OE).

In Firefox you can do similar to skidzy's suggest by using Ctr and + or - to enlarge or reduce the text size.

Fonts can also be configured from Tools>Options>Content.

skidzy 17:02 08 Jan 07

Hi Stu,my suggestion works in IE7 and Firefox and Opera.Apologies if you knew this,i may have misunderstood your posting. :-))

Obviously only as a workaround though.

Border View 18:40 08 Jan 07

If you are using IE7 you could try enlarging up to 125% (bottom right hand corner). In addition if you click on page then text size then larger(I usually use larger with 125%).

My only problem is it doesnt usually hold with these sizes when you visit other web sites and you have to reset. Would love to make them default size but dont know how.

skidzy 19:18 08 Jan 07

In IE7 to keep Font at 125%,try this (it works for me)

Make sure the bottom right hand side of your screen is set to 125% then
Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/scroll to Reset zoom to 100% UNtick this box/apply/ok
Close IE7 and reopen IE7

This should now be set at 125%

Border View 21:54 08 Jan 07

Brilliant skidzy - it works for me too. Thanks

skidzy 22:50 08 Jan 07

Your welcome Barmoor :-))

Stuartli 22:53 08 Jan 07

I don't use IE7 and IE6 very rarely - I much prefer Firefox.

I was merely pointing out the ways to create a fixed text size as requested by kiki769.

skidzy 22:57 08 Jan 07

I did guess that Stu (Firefox) but thought i would just mention it to you,in case you were unaware.As you,i prefer FF and Opera to IE7.

Still, another learning curve with IE7 and the zoom function combined with the advanced settings.It may come in handy for some others who find this thread. :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…