Font is too narrow

EllyZelly 16:46 05 Feb 08

Hi everyone,
I am wondering if someone could help me. My computer (HP) had an update and after that was done, my screen images and screen icons became too narrow, as did my font. I now fixed the images problem and I think the screen is the appropriate size, but the font is still too narrow. Please help.

Technotiger 16:54 05 Feb 08

Right-click on Desktop then go to Properties>Appearance and you can change the Font size.

EllyZelly 17:19 05 Feb 08

Thank you...but that doesn't work. I already fiddled with font size. Besides, I have Vista so right clicking on the desktop doesn't bring up those options.

I was incorrect earlier...the images are slimmed down too.

T0SH 18:15 05 Feb 08

If it was a TV display it would sound as if you had the aspect ratio set wrong

If your computer has a widescreen maybe there is an aspect setting in the monitor setup menu

Cheers HC

AlanHo 18:16 05 Feb 08

Right click on desktop
Personalise
Display settings
Ensure the resolution is correct for your monitor

EllyZelly 18:31 05 Feb 08

Thanks; I did that AlanHo, but when I press Default Monitor, it automatically shifts back to Generic PnP monitor (option). The screen resolution tab won't move, either.

EllyZelly 19:09 05 Feb 08

I uninstalled the NIVDA driver and now the font and screen size and everything is way too huge.

EllyZelly 19:15 05 Feb 08

I tried to download NIVDIA again but it said it couldn't locate any drivers for it and setup was exited.

Please help! I would rather have too narrow a screen than a huge one with everything taking up the whole screen.

EllyZelly 19:22 05 Feb 08

Should I overwrite the NIVDIA that is already in the computer? At this point, I hestitate to do anything!

EllyZelly 19:22 05 Feb 08

...the computer screen also 'blinks'

Diemmess 19:27 05 Feb 08

It might be the display resolution?

Try right click in an empty area of destop.
Choose Properties, then Settings.

Move the slider towards a greater resolution (if the whole thing is still too large.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…