Font problems

JustinJSY 22:52 06 Dec 08

I am running Office 2007 on Windows Vista Home Basic.

My problem is that I receive emails & word documents written in a font not installed on my system. On my system, these emails and word documents come out in a very odd font which is practically un-readable. Is there a way of telling the system to use a different font (eg Arial)?

Sea Urchin 00:28 07 Dec 08

Which eMail client are you using - is it Windows Mail?

JustinJSY 07:32 07 Dec 08

I'm using Outlook 2007, but I get the same problem if I use a word document with this non-installed font. It's a bespoke font from a major bank, and I am sure other people don't have the same problem viewing it.

BT 08:06 07 Dec 08

How about telling the Bank of the problems with their font. You'd think their IT people would know not to use none standard fonts.

Sea Urchin 08:49 07 Dec 08

In Word open the document > go to Edit > Select All - expand the Font box (which may be blank) and select your required font from the drop-down. You can do the same in Outlook by clicking Reply and then repeating the process - highlight all and select new font.

But I agree with BT - it's odd for a major bank to use a font that customers cannot display.

JustinJSY 18:24 07 Dec 08

Thanks for this. I think it is more an issue with my system. When I log on using a different user account on Windows the font comes out as Arial. I have had font problems before using Windows Mail where my font goes as Arial but arrives at the other end as Times New Roman.

Rahere 18:30 07 Dec 08

I believe you can force outlook and windows to display text in your chosen format in mail settings.

I can specify how it looks at my end. I usually force outlook to use plain text even when responding to fancy html formatted messages. What happens at the other end is beyond your control I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now