Font problem

MichaelPaul 17:22 11 Feb 05

My old computer had XP and Word 2000; my new computer has XP (dealer-installed) and Word 2000 (from the same disk as my old one). On my old computer a request for Univers 11 point gave me Univers 11 point; on my new computer the same request gives me Univers 10 point, both on screen and from the printer. A request for Univers 12 point gives me Univers 11 point.
This is annoying rather than life-threatening, but still: why does it happen, and is there anything I can do about iot?

Diodorus Siculus 17:28 11 Feb 05

Take the font from the old PC and replace the one on the new PC with it.

MichaelPaul 10:24 12 Feb 05

Thanks for the suggestion, but in the first place I'm afraid I don't know where to find the font on my old computer, which makes it difficult to transfer it, and in the second place the problem seems to me to be, not that Univers 11 is missing on my new computer, but that it is wrongly labelled Univers 12, so I don't see how the suggested transfer will solve the problem. Any other suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…