Font Change

Gary Wood 22:06 12 Oct 05

For some reason, when I open my emails with Outlook, any text that is set to use font "Sans Serif" (which I can see by viewing the source of the message) is using an alternative script-like font which is very difficult to read. Is there any way I can restore the default?

zemdarin 22:25 12 Oct 05

If you open O/E select Tools/Compose you can alter the text in there. Am not sure what you mean about reading received emails though different to what they were sent to you.

VoG II 22:33 12 Oct 05

Which version of Outlook?

Muckle 22:48 12 Oct 05

Go to Tools/Options/Mail Format/Fonts... you will see an option to change the font when composing and reading plain text - change it back to something ordinary (eg arial 10) and see if it helps.

Muckle 10:10 13 Oct 05

If the font appears in the preview pane: view/current view/customize current view.../other settings.
I hope this helps

Gary Wood 16:59 13 Oct 05

I'm using Outlook 2003. It was all fine until a couple of weeks ago. However, now whenever I open an email to read it if the email is in font "sans-serif" (which I can tell by looking at the source code of the email) then I actually see it in a very difficult to read script font.

I will double check the font options in Outlook as suggested (I'm not using my machine atm), but as far as I know they only relate to outgoing messages and to plain text emails?

Gary Wood 20:00 14 Oct 05

I've just discovered that websites that use the "sans-serif" font also display using the script font. This suggests that the problem is not to do with Outlook but something to do with Windows Fonts in general.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? It's incredibly frustrating!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…