Fomatting Drive

How do I format a hard drive that has OS on it? I have 2 hard drives 'G' what I am on now and 'C' that I need to get the OS off so I can just use it for storage.

Pamy 15:27 25 May 08

are they two separate drives and if so where is C: drive?

Yes they are, there is the option on start up as to which one I want to go into. The fresh OS install is on 'G' what I am on now. I want to completely wipe 'C' as it is riddled with Virus and Spyware and use it for storage.

Pamy 15:48 25 May 08

This doesnt apply as I have 2 seperate hard drives and not partitions.

Pamy 15:58 25 May 08

You did not read far enough down

'C' doesnt have a black bar it has a green one and it is 'simple' All options it says to do are greyed out.

Pamy 16:48 25 May 08

What about using XPdisk as explained even further down?

Pamy 16:57 25 May 08

Perhaps better not to use XP disk as it will install XP after formatting. If disk manager is not letting you formatt it I am at a loss to help further

Pamy 17:23 25 May 08

You could use Fixdisk (a dos command) how we did it years ago but it is too difficult for me to try and explain and things can go wrong very easily. Would suggest a friend with expert knowledge if disk manager will still not co operate

Pamy 17:32 25 May 08

Ahh, if you can see you drive in "My Computer", right click on it and a box should appear and part way down you should see Formatt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…