Following yesterday's switchover.. MOST curious!!

AngeTheHippy 08:52 11 Mar 09

Morning Chaps, thought I'd start a new thread as yesterdays is already 2 pages long.

I was sent a new pre-programmed Router from the new provider, the exact same model as my own as it happens. I haven't connected the new router yet.

I know I'm not disconnected from old ISP til 17 March but, as I'm getting both BB and phone line from new provider, I really didn't expect to STILL be able to connect to BB via the OLD ISP, and OLD router, PLUS over double the speed!!!

Any one explain this?

AngeTheHippy
xx
ps. Off to Nottingham for a spot of shopping. SeeYaLater,

howard64 06:59 12 Mar 09

increase in speed is probably coincidental - until the changeover occurs the new router will not connect. Why would you not expect to still be able to use BB you have paid for it up until the moment your existing isp disconnects you.

AngeTheHippy 07:27 12 Mar 09

I understand what you're saying...however, according to the NEW ISP, I WAS switched over on Tuesday! I'm wondering if I connect the NEW router whether I'll still be connected?? Might as well try I suppose...

A
x

woodchip 08:29 12 Mar 09

Speed also depends on how busy your ISP and or line is, Time you connect to the Net

AngeTheHippy 12:09 12 Mar 09

Connected new router. Bit of stress adding the new lappy (Vista) on the n/work... not what I expected! PC is XP as is old Lappy and both easy enough. Soooo, now connected through new ISP. According to Namesco, still getting the 1Mb+ connection.

Happy enough with that... THAT IS until the papers tell us all how 100Mb connection being rolled out allll over Britain.. that is, EXCEPT in my village...

Thanks chaps,

Happy Thursday!!
xxxx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…