Following on from SP1 update

Bald Eagle 08:27 02 Jan 04

Decided to update all the fixes, patches etc. However, there are about 20 that have no relevance to my setup, is there any way I can stop them appearing every time I do a Windows update?

Jester2K 08:30 02 Jan 04

If they appear then they should be relevent to your setup. WIndows Update should only pick those which aplly to your PC.

Can you give examples of ones which you don't think apply?

Jester2K 08:32 02 Jan 04

If you really want to..

Run the Windows Update and then on the left choose "Personalise Windows update" I think this allows you to hide some updates...

Bald Eagle 12:52 02 Jan 04

There are 14 and these are 4 of them. In all honesty I can't see any advantage from them. The rest are even more obscure.

Update for Windows XP HighMAT Support in CD Writing Wizard (KB831240)
cd's for photos, music and videos, do not do them.

Update for Microsoft Windows XP (KB826942)
Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) support is now available for Microsoft Windows XP. This update provides additional wireless security capabilities for the latest generation of wireless networking equipment supporting WPA.
no networking.

Windows Error Reporting: Recommended Update (Windows XP)
Download size: 346 KB
This update will enable the user to automatically view responses to Windows error reports.
do not want this.

820291: Recommended Update (Windows XP)
Download size: 1.0 MB
This update adds a new icon for the “Set Program Access and Defaults” feature to the second column of the Start menu. It also adds a “Help” button and help content.
do not need.

Jester2K 12:54 02 Jan 04

Fair do's

I think there is an option under "Personalise Windows Update" which allows you to remove updates from the list.

Jester2K 12:56 02 Jan 04

Do the scan then on the left choose "Personalise Windows Update". You'll see a list under "Choose which categories and updates to display on Windows Update" You can then hide them from there.

Bald Eagle 13:21 02 Jan 04

Jester2K. Done it! thanks a lot.

Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…