Following Editor's advice

Pererin 19:52 26 Sep 05

With reference to my question "confused about networking"

Can anyone reccommend a router with an ADSL modem and is there any make to be avoided at all costs.

Diodorus Siculus 22:27 26 Sep 05

PC Advisor - Expert Advice you can trust | Discussion
"Which wireless router should I buy?"
click here

Pererin 11:48 27 Sep 05

Thanks Diodorus, still a little confused just like Debe about the networking card. In device manager it tells me I have a 'nvidia nforce mcp networking controller', so is that the card and would it mean no need for a usb adapter. Thanks again.

Pererin, I looked at the back of my PC and found an empty "point" (cannot think what to call it!) which had a symbol next to it of one computer above two computers I photographed it click here
and Diodorus confirmed for me that it was the correct card, already installed (I had no idea!!). I suggest you take a look at the back of your PC. BTW I ordered the Netgear set from Amazon, using the discount code that was given to me in my original thread (£53 for the 108 MBPS modem/router and a USB Adapter)

Pererin 20:03 30 Sep 05

Thanks Debe & Diodorus, think I have the idea now, if not you will soon know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…