folder wont delete

Boss AC 10:52 11 Nov 03

Hello everyone

I have a folder in my desktop, i wanted to delete it but it wont delete, i deleted the contents inside but the folder wont delete, it tells me it is being used by someone or another program.

Thank You for any help given

Lozzy 10:57 11 Nov 03

Re Boot your PC then re try.. If it still won't delete then re boot in safe mode by pressing F8 I think!! during boot up then delete the folder..

What is the folder?? Is it a system Folder?? Windows will not let you delete a folder that it needs so be sure before deleting..

hugh-265156 10:58 11 Nov 03

restart the computer,when its starting up keep tapping F5

select safe mode from the options

you should be able to delete it now.

hugh-265156 10:59 11 Nov 03

just in case your wondering

f8 and f5 both do the same thing

johnnyrocker 10:59 11 Nov 03

what os? was the folder created by you? what is the folder type? if a program is using it which one? and can you delete the prog through add/remove?

cheers.

johnny.

Cretin07 11:00 11 Nov 03

or if all else fails then do a clean boot by loading up msconfig and then unclick three settings in the main tab which are the first two miss one and then the last one. then restart pc and delete. msconfig is start>run>msconfig

Boss AC 11:02 11 Nov 03

All done, ive deleted it, thank you all for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…