Folder viewing preferences won't 'stick'

nick_j007 09:35 05 May 08

I've been struggling with this small but annoying problem for ages (sounds like I'm in the doctor's!).

Every time I navigate to My Documents (for example) the folder list is all jumbled not in name order which I have to then right click and request every time...even within the same PC on session. I must have lost a lot of time due to this small issue.

I did Google this a short while back and found something re registry tweak, but no difference.

Any ideas people?

Many thanks,

Nick

VoG II 10:03 05 May 08

click here perhaps.

nick_j007 12:42 05 May 08

Thanks VoG, but I think that's what I tried last time, but will look at it again to be sure.

Nick

nick_j007 15:24 26 May 08

Just had some free time to look at this again. My MRU values were already set to 8000 from my previous attempt.

I didn't quite grasp the line on the link that says: "Click "Decimal" and type the BagMRU Size value (5000)". Not sure where or what is meant by 'Decimal'.

Anyway, on first impressions, it would seem that the workaround at the bottom has done the trick as described below.

<<Open a folder. Click Tools, Folder Options, View and click "Reset All Folders". (This resets all the folder view settings, custom thumbnail image assigned for a folder etc. Desktop.ini file is not affected). Close the folder. Open and customize the folder again. Click View, Apply to All Folders.>>

Thanks VoG!

ashdav 18:07 26 May 08

Windows only remembers a certain number of folder settings.
I think the default is 400.
You can adjust this using Tweak UI (Powertoys for Windows).
Click on Explorer/Customizations then alter the Folders to remember setting to what you want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…