//some 3rd party need geo

Folder Tasks strip on desktop - Win XP

Vit 08:22 28 Dec 03

Hello all, I seemed to have fiddled where I shouldn't have and now I have this blue side strip on my desktop, the top title being "Folder Tasks". I have looked and looked but cannot find where to get rid of it. It takes up maybe 25% of my desktop.
Thanks, Vit ;)

VoG II 11:14 28 Dec 03

Try right clicking it and selecting Close Toolbar from the pop-up menu.

Vit 09:35 29 Dec 03

Thanks, but that was one of the first things I tried but to no avail. As it is hard to describe I have taken a snapshot of the desktop so you can see what I mean by this Folder Tasks strip on side of desktop.
click here

christmascracker 10:29 29 Dec 03

Try this, dont know if it will work though worth a try

Control panel, folder options, view and reset all folders

christmascracker 10:42 29 Dec 03

Or try changing the desktop background

christmascracker 10:45 29 Dec 03

Failing that run sfc /scannow (having your xp disc to hand). That should put back any files that have been corrupted.

Vit 11:43 29 Dec 03

Thanks christmascracker. I have tried all of your suggestions but none would solve my problem. I have run sfc/scannow as you suggested also.
When I go to Control Panel, Appearance and Themes and then click on Folder Options, nothing happens. I cant get to Folder Options. The same goes for the Taskbar and Start Menu option.

Big Elf 12:07 29 Dec 03

This doesn't relate to your problem but you have FlashGet installed. This installs Aureate spyware so it would be worth checking out these

Spybot click here

AdAware click here

Steven135 12:12 29 Dec 03

Have you tried a system restore?

christmascracker 19:42 29 Dec 03

Any luck yet?

Vit 21:08 29 Dec 03

Good morning all. Thanks for your advice, just got up over here and off to work. I will try out your suggestions tonight when I get home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…