Folder problems with xp

cowboyfan 13:04 15 Feb 03

Can anybody help with this little problem I've got with XP.
My folder views and Icon views seem to change ever time I open a folder, e.g I like my music to be shown with icons but this changes to list or even thumbnails seemingly at random.Also the status bar appears in folders when it previously has been unchecked, the folder size is inconsistant and somethimes the alphabetic sort reverses.
This is more annoying than serious but I wonder if anybody else has this type of problem.

SparkyMarky 13:33 15 Feb 03

I had a similar problem which some kind soul on this very forum helped me with: folders kept reverting to thumbnail view.

Open Windows Explorer an open any folder - it doesn't matter which one - and choose the view it as you'd like your default to be (ie details, filmstrip, whatever); choose Tools/Folder Options/View; then select 'Apply to all folders'. Click OK and it should now apply the same view to all folders. You may have to close Explorer and reopen it, but it worked for me!

The status bar problem I'm not sure about - I've had it myself occasionally, but it might be that the above steps might sort that out as well - and maybe your alphabetical ordering problem too!

Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…