Folder problems in XP

Jonah(without the whale) 17:15 10 May 05

I have had lots of problems with my new computer, and so I'm trying to get my cash back. However one of the problems has mystified me and a clue as to what is going on would be interesting - has anyone an idea.
Any attempt to create a new folder, from an explorer or anywhere else, causes the desktop to blank. All icons disappear and are then redisplayed. This means that I cannot create new places for specific items, such as letters, and so on.
I'm running XP Home (SP2)and I think that somewhere there is corruption.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:24 10 May 05

Explorer corruption

In XP tpye sfc /scannow in run box with XP CD in drive

Jonah(without the whale) 09:00 11 May 05

At the moment I cannot do anything to the machine, in case I can hand it back and get cash in return, but, if and when I can carry our your instructiins I will.

Having said that, when I do what you have said, can you explain what it is I am doing and what is being resolved?

Many thanks

Jonah(without the whale) 08:54 17 Jun 05

Much time and angst has passed, but it's sorted. I think I picked up a lng from this forum to simplyguides.net, where there was some bvery hekpful advice about how to repair WindowsXP. I followed the instructions and lo - all now works very well indeed.
So, I was right. Windows XP was damaged in some way, by the fools who had installed a new power supply on my machine. Sop all is well.
Thanks for your suggestions guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5