Folder icons...

barryoneoff 17:00 02 Feb 03

I should know how to do this but cant remember (old age!) I went potty today, cleared out old files etc. I had a mass of short cut icons on the desktop, so I created new folders and put related items in their own categories. So now all I have is a row of boring folders, (graphics, office,tweak tools etc.)

I cant remember how to chanfe the folder icons to somwthing more interesting. It cant be done with a right click, but I know its possible as I have done it in the past. Any ideas?
Cheers... Win ME by the way.

jediknight007 17:05 02 Feb 03

Well, I'm not exactly sure about what you are asking but I will try and help. I only have Windows XP Pro but I think ME is similar. Right click on the file and go to Properties. Then select the Shortcut tab and then click on Change Icon... and find a file (doesn't matter about the type) with the icon you want and double click on it. Then click on Apply and then OK. Hope that helps.

leo49 17:06 02 Feb 03

ChangeIcon from here will do it for you in a jiffy.

click here

crx16 17:07 02 Feb 03

or create shortcut for each folder,these will have the change icon option

AubreyS 17:08 02 Feb 03

I think that you may have made the new folders on the desktop instead of making them in the C: directory. Make a new folder in C: then right click on it then choose Send To Desktop [Create Shortcut]. The when you have done that Right click on it, Properties, Change Icon.

Good luck.

leo49 17:09 02 Feb 03

Sorry,misread your post - thought you wanted to change the icons in your Programs folder.

barryoneoff 17:11 02 Feb 03

you dont get the option to change on the right click unless it is a shortcut rather than a folder, Thanks for the response anyway.

Leo49...Will try it now, cheers.

barryoneoff 17:14 02 Feb 03

You got it (I think), your answer seems to ring a bell. I did create them on the desktop. Thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…