Folder deletion

Thatslife 19:45 30 Aug 05

I use XP home edition and I sort my digital photos in a folder on my desktop. Within this folder I have about a dozen sub folders that store the pictures from a particular time.

Now and again one I am unable to retrieve the photos from one of the folders. It's appears to be completely random. The tiles are still there but you cannot open them and the size of them is 0 bytes.

Any ideas??

A point to note is I run East-tec eraser privacy guard but I've run it 50 times without any problems (while I've been checking). Could this be the culprit?

Thanks to the advice of PC advisor, everything was backed up!

mattyc_92 21:08 30 Aug 05

Sounds like a virus of somesort.

Have you done the ruitene scans?

Thatslife 10:02 03 Sep 05

Virus and spyware several times a week.

mattyc_92 10:27 03 Sep 05

Have you changed the "permissons" for this folder (and contents)? To do this in WinXP Home, you need to boot into "Safe Mode" (restart your system and keep tapping F8 and select "Safe Mode" from the list).

It is worth looking at these settings to make sure. If you don't know how to check the permissons just post back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…