fn key dont work on dell Latitude C600

Rocker 14:43 28 Dec 06

hi i just done a clean install of win xp on my dell Latitude C600 upgrading from win me but now the fn key dont do enything anyone know how to get it to work thanks

skidzy 14:51 28 Dec 06

Very common problem lately,myself included.

What exactly are you trying to access via the FN key

Wireless/battery graphics indicator etc....

Rocker 17:59 28 Dec 06

im trying to turn the volume up and down allso when i shut the laptop lid with it turned on the display gose small i can only get to normall size when i run sys restore is there another way to do this without useing restore thanks.

Rocker 19:30 28 Dec 06

refresh

skidzy 19:35 28 Dec 06

Are you using the FN+F7 or F8 for volume,maybe different keys.

Try the system file checker

Start/run/type sfc /scannow

Understanding sfc click here

Jackcoms 20:18 28 Dec 06

I had this problem the other day.

In my over-enthusiastic spring cleaning of a Dell Inspiron, I had disabled the Dell Quickset function in msconfig.

Have a look in msconfig and ensure that Dell Quickset is enabled.

Rocker 21:19 28 Dec 06

i looked in msconfig cant find anything to do with Dell Quickset is it a prog you have to install

Rocker 21:28 28 Dec 06

as in installed win xp from a windows cd and not a dell recovery cd do i need to install a driver to get the fn key to work

Rocker 17:39 29 Dec 06

refresh

skidzy 18:12 29 Dec 06

Do you have the Dell utilities disc,if so run this.

Also check in the bios for anything related to the Keyboard.F2 on startup or the delete key will get you into the bios.

First though check,Start/Control panel regional and language options/Languages/Details/ make sure uk is selected and if the US is listed remove this,therefore only showing uk.Also under advanced make sure english uk is selected and ok.

Can you check by creating another user account and if the keys work.

Rocker 18:33 29 Dec 06

thanks skidzy checked regional and language options all ok i dont have a Dell utilities disc can i download it anyware thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…