FM tuner

Stuarthouston 20:18 10 Apr 06

I have just bought a media centre computer from Fujitsu Siemens. It has a built in DVT/FM radio tuner. I can recieve all the digital TV channels i expect, but when i try to listen to FM radio, nothing happens. When I click 'Start FM', i get no sound at all. The reciever card in question is the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR1300. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Stu

goonerbill © ® 02:35 11 Apr 06

do you have a FM ariel/antenna attached. dont know much about the card you have but when i had a FM radio card in my pc it came with a ariel/antenna that had to be attached to the card.

Stuarthouston 14:40 11 Apr 06

Yes, it is connected to the aerial in the loft via a splitter from the wall socket.

Stuarthouston 14:41 11 Apr 06

I should have also said that when this aerial is connected to my hifi's tuner, it picks up every channel with full signal.

goonerbill © ® 01:31 12 Apr 06

apart from suggesting that you try reloading the drivers just for the fm radio part (if possible), i'm not much help to you but maybe someone else will know a fix plus this will put you back to the top of the pile.

sorry

Stuartli 09:45 12 Apr 06

You will probably have to scan the FM channels separately.

I have a TwinHan equivalent and the FM radio has a separate button on the main panel.

One other point. You may/might have to connect an audio cable from the TV tuner card to your sound card to hear the radio side.

Stuarthouston 12:31 12 Apr 06

Thanks anyway goonerbill. Stuartli, i'll crack the computer open later and let you know how i get on with that. It was one of my thoughts, but i wasnt sure if tuner card's needed this, but would make sense due to the lack of even interference when starting FM. Shall let you know how i get on. Thanks again.

Stuartli 14:55 12 Apr 06

Forgot to point out that I have a TV coaxial cable for digital TV (Freeview) signals and a T-shape FM aerial for the FM wireless side connected to my TwinHan DTB-ter Digital + Analogue PCI TV card.

You probably need to add an outdoor FM aerial input to your card or a T-shape indoor version.

I doubt if you will need to reinstall the software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…