Fly in LCD monitor!

Smudge 14:09 06 Jul 06

I have a thunderfly stuck in my LCD monitor! The thing crawled in and is stuck near the middle of the screen.

I'm not sure in which 'layer' it is stuck, but it must be just behind the first layer.

Any suggestions? Can you dismantle an LCD or do I have to live with it?

splatter 14:33 06 Jul 06

not that this is any help, but that is about the funniest thing I have heard in a long while. You should take an images and post it on the net somewhere.

As to weather you can dismantle an LCS: well, I'm sure your could if you had the right tools and knew what you were doing, but I'll assume you dont since you dont know if you can event take it apart! (No offense). Best thing to do would to find somewhere that does LCD repairs. Try PC World's service center place. Never used them, so I dont know what the service/price is like, but it's at least a start.

Smudge 14:42 06 Jul 06

If you do a Google search there are a few others like me! But they seem no closer to a solution.

You would hope the LCD is sealed somehow, otherwise dust and dirt could also get in.

Darn annoying anyway!

banduman 17:02 26 Jul 06

Hi

you might like this one. I had a similar problem with a LCD TV from LG, they suggested I operate it next to a light to attract the flies out, and that I should also consider closing my windows to stop the flies getting in the house. See reply from LG below:

LG Help Desk Reply:
The insects are attracted by the light so one way to prevent them entering the TV is to place a lamp in the area of the TV to try and attract them away from the television. Of course keeping the windows closed also helps but obviously in the hot weather this can be uncomfortable. Yours Sincerely, LG Electronics UK Helpdesk 0870 607 5544

Laughable or what?

Stuartli 17:07 26 Jul 06

A response on the fly...:-)

Pineman100 17:08 26 Jul 06

Have you tried contacting the screen manufacturer for advice? (Presuming that it's not LG!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant