fluffy mouse

joeltr 09:30 23 Mar 05

Hi all, bit of a daft one this, suns shining so here goes, for the last couple of days my mouse was playing up, refusing to move the pointer until i gave it a few rolls along the the mousemat, then i remembered something in pca awhile back, so i turned my mouse over unscrewed the back and found that little bits of fluff had attached to the ball, i cleaned it and now my mouse is working perfectly once more.joel

john-232317 13:41 23 Mar 05

Did you clean the rollers that the ball touches, cos you might get fluffed again ;-))

TomJerry 14:07 23 Mar 05

good MS brand optical mouse only cost £8, you can get cheaper one

once you use an optical one, you will never think of using ball mouse

TomJerry 14:10 23 Mar 05

£1.87 Ebuyer 80420 Blue Ps2/usb Optical Notebook Mouse click here

£2.50 Kensington PS2 Universal Optical Scroll Mouse click here

£2.70 Chic 1330 Optical Mouse click here

wiz-king 14:16 23 Mar 05

my typist saw your post and thought you had a fluffy covered mouse .. she wants a pink one to match her gel mouse pad! She seems to be into pink at the moment, all her desk fittings are pink, she has even painted the telephone pink.

TomJerry 14:59 23 Mar 05
  joeltr 16:35 23 Mar 05

thanks all, i will have to have a look at the opticals, learning all the time, regards, joel.

Modo 16:46 23 Mar 05

Don't think you are completely out of the fluff problem with an optical mouse!!

Maybe less fluff but you'll still find detritus gets in through the wheel - or the ball, which is worst. Especially if you eat and use the mouse at the same time!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…