flowchart in powerpoint, excel or word

gaily 12:54 19 Jul 03

Hi everyone - I wonder if anyone can help me. I have been asked to produce a flowchart to show a process for a job which will be over an 8 weeks period. I need to show the various steps, who is to take the action and over which period of the 8 weeks. I am absolutely hopeless at anything like this and wondered if anyone may have any bright ideas (preferably not, get a new job as I need the money).

I would appreciate any suggestions.

VoG II 13:01 19 Jul 03

click here may help you depending on your expertise with Excel.

Or do a search on Google for "Gantt chart" - here's one I found click here

lindyloo4 18:23 19 Jul 03

If you are not sure of excel a very basic flow chart could be done in Word using Text boxes with arrows from Auto Shapes to connect them. As I said it would be a very basic flowchart but it might just get you started.

Falkyrn 19:08 19 Jul 03

Depending on your version of word .... go to the menu select "insert" select "object" and from the list scroll down until you see MS Organization Chart. Clicking on this will insert a basic flowchart which is resizable, into the document .

VoG II 22:15 19 Jul 03

Sorry to disagree with others but I think that you are looking for a Gantt chart.

VoG II 22:15 19 Jul 03

Sorry to disagree with others but I think that you are looking for a Gantt chart.

Falkyrn 22:32 19 Jul 03

If you wish to provide a proper process chart then VoG is correct in stating that you should go with the Gantt Chart .. However if all you wish to do is produce a rough outline of the process in a chart form then the other solutions may suffice for now.

gaily 12:50 20 Jul 03

Thanks everyone for your help - I think I will take all the advice and maybe produce two forms of the document - one as a gantt and then another pretty chart - with a view to pleasing most of my colleagues.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…