floppys

kenamb 22:01 15 Aug 05

Hi all ,
my brother still backs up his work to floppys and when he puts the disk back in the pc wont read it saying it has to be formatted.I find it strange when it has written to the floppy in the first place.
He uses win 2000 .
Any ideas on how to get around this,
Thanks ,
Ken.

VoG II 22:06 15 Aug 05

Which backup program?

VoG II 22:36 15 Aug 05

Via e-mail

He is using sage accounts prog

===================

Please respond using the post a response box at the bottom of this page. The yellow envelope is for private messages.

=====================

I am sorry but unaccustomed to Sage. Does this have its own backup software?

kenamb 23:18 15 Aug 05

No , just uses save as and selects floppy drive.

DieSse 23:22 15 Aug 05

Sage actually does have it's own backup routines - though clearly I can't know if that's what he uses.

lotvic 23:23 15 Aug 05

is it ALL floppy's or just one floppy that the pc won't read?

Dan the Doctus 23:46 15 Aug 05

Has he tried formatting the disks beforehand, or using preformatted discs?

sattman 08:21 16 Aug 05

To add to Dans reply, In the same way that occaionally a floppy will not read on a different computer from that which it was formatted sometimes preformatted floppies will can the same problem. Try formatting a floppy from the computer that is to be backed up.

Satmansq 08:28 16 Aug 05

Whilst there may be a software answer to this question, the 2 times that I have come accross this problem, once the drive was plugged in back to front and the second time the drive had to be replaced.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…