floppy drive's gone mad!!!

jeez 15:45 26 Apr 03

hi, my floppy drive has gone mad, at times it is constantly in action (as if looking for or reading from disk)there is no need for it to do this. The problem seems to be just after startup or after the screensaver is on. I've run a full virus scan with norton and latest virus def's, used ad-aware to check for spyware, cleaned the registry, removed unnecesary progs n services from startup but the problem is still there intermittently.I'm beginning to think it's got something to do with the latest windows updates (didn't install the problem one that was on here though) anyone got any ideas?

howard60 15:53 26 Apr 03

if you use explorer and go to the floppy icon [with one in the drive] then click on your c drive. when you exit explorer all requests from any part of the system will look at the c drive not the floppy.

woodchip 15:54 26 Apr 03

To remove floppy seek on computer

Put a floppy disc in the drive. Double click it to open it's window. Now close the window, leave the floppy in the drive, and double click the C drive to open it. Now remove the floppy disc and finally close the C drive.
This apparently silly procedure can remove a left over referencing to the A drive.
care of Flecc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now