floppy drive fault

jimmer409? 20:54 09 Sep 03

sent some .sys files to a floppy on the work computer, when i loaded the floppy at home would not read, running xp, stated disc not formatted, do you want to format, click yes, unable to format, take floppy back to work, reads fine, try in another computer, reads fine, try some of my other floppys at home work fine, any ideas.

jimmer409? 19:37 10 Sep 03

Hello, thought someone would have offered a simple solution to this by now, this is no big deal, but i like to know why things happen that seem out of the norm. help greatly appreciated.

Belatucadrus 20:08 10 Sep 03

What capacity floppy ? if it's a 720Kb double density, that may explain the format problem, if not why your home PC can't read it.

jimmer409? 20:11 10 Sep 03

no bel, it's just a standard 1.44mb floppy, which as you can see makes this a real puzzler.
any other ideas.

Rabi 20:17 10 Sep 03

I am experiencing the exact same problem on my desktop PC's. But you don't mention what OS you are running at the office.

I have noticed I am having this problem with Windows (* PC's, but don't seem to be having the problem when I save files on XP pc, and open on another XP pc. Coincidence?

Interested in reply to jimmer409 problem.

jimmer409? 20:30 10 Sep 03

hello rabi, running xp at home, work using me on one machine and 98 on the other, as i stated earlier, i copied the .sys files at work on the me computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…