floppy drive cycling

jimmer409? 08:27 13 Jun 03

i had a freeserve connection kit file on a floppy and had trouble trying to delete it, since than when i launck IE and OE, the program tries to read a floppy (i.e. my a drive cycles)
can anyone help??

Jester2K II 09:53 13 Jun 03

Put the floppy back in let it do what it wants to do and then see what happens next time with the disk out. It might need to finish something off..

jimmer409? 05:50 14 Jun 03

thanks jester, can't do that, i removed the floppy than rebooted and erased the file, since than the cycling has occured, like just now when i clicked on IE and started to dial out.
any other help greatly appreciated.

jazzypop 08:02 14 Jun 03

"This is because there is a file in the Documents section under the Start button that was on the floppy. I'm using Win2K here, but I believe there are 2 ways to fix this. Either go to your C:\Windows\Recent folder and delete all the files there (they're just shortcuts) or right-click the taskbar (next to the Start button), and choose properties. On the dialog which pops up, there will be a "Clear Documents" button. This should fix it. If not, check your Anti-virus program settings to ensure its not set to scan the floppy drive at startup (Set to "When accessed" and "At shutdown")."

Source - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…