Floppy drive annoyance

interzone55 21:16 21 Mar 04

Every now & again, after I've used a floppy disk & removed it the drive will search for a disk every time I try to launch a file or program. It will continue to do this even after several re-boots, then it will stop.

Anyone know why this is so?

(self built XP300+ PC, Win XP Pro, Norton AV 2004 Corporate edition, external ADSL Router & Firewall)

TIA
Alan

john-232317 21:23 21 Mar 04

Close the program on the floppie down before ejecting it , this may help.

Djohn 21:29 21 Mar 04

I think it's because you have accessed the files and worked on them from the floppy instead of doing a copy over to a folder on your hard drive then working on them, saving the changes and replacing back to your floppy.

Try inserting the floppy/s and copy or drag and drop the files to your hard drive. Format the floppy and re-save the files back to it again.

If this does not cure the problem then you will need to remove the association of the file/floppy from your PC. There are a couple of methods to try. One will work for some systems and the other for other systems, just a matter of trial and error. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…