floppy drive

the kopite 21:52 28 Feb 05

Hi Guys I am repairing a computer for a elderly neighbour and my trouble is the case has only a slot for the floppy drive so obviously I can not fit a regular foppy drive has any one any idea please if or where I obtain one please Thanks Kopite

VoG II 21:55 28 Feb 05

Isn't there space for a drive behind the slot? I'm certainly no hardware expert but I'm confused.

EdFrench 21:58 28 Feb 05

An external USB floppy can be bought at most good PC stores.
Cost - around 24.00

JonnyTub 22:00 28 Feb 05

Hi Koppite, as far as i'm aware floppy drive sizes have always been the same size.

have you tried one in ?

Belatucadrus 22:53 28 Feb 05

What make of PC, the homebuild I made last year had a trim panel over the floppy drive, but behind it was a bog standard unit. I think the Dell Optiplex desktops cases did the same.

bobbybowls 23:03 28 Feb 05

i had a case like that remove the front panel and you will see the floppy (be carfull i broke a few lugs trying to remove it}

the kopite 03:17 01 Mar 05

Thanks Guys I am afraid I did not explaine it properly were you normaly slibe a new floppy in there is no slot on the case ias just a slit which will take a floppy disk?Bobbybowls Hi I took the broken floppy out which just looked like a
normal floppy drive with the front removed? I

the kopite 03:17 01 Mar 05

Thanks Guys I am afraid I did not explaine it properly were you normaly slibe a new floppy in there is no slot on the case ias just a slit which will take a floppy disk?Bobbybowls Hi I took the broken floppy out which just looked like a
normal floppy drive with the front removed? I

the kopite 03:27 01 Mar 05

Hi Guys Thanks for the response I am afraid I did not explain it clear were there is normaly slots to slide in a new floppy drive on this case there is just a slot for a floppy disc? Bobbybowls I removed the old floppy drive and it looked like a normal one with the plastic front removed I was wondering if I had to do this or did they sell floppy drives designs for this type of case Sorry for the double post Guys a error Thanks again all Kopite

seedie 09:29 01 Mar 05

All the floppy drives I've seen, the front is on lugs which is removable.

the kopite 17:20 01 Mar 05

Thanks guys for the input yes seedie m8 I brought a new floppy drive and took the from off and slotted it in from behind as it was on the old one lol thanks again guys 161 735 members now the family is growing lol Kopite

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…