Floppy Drive

Eusebius 10:05 26 Jan 04

When I try to copy a file on to my floppy it says something about being write protected, even though I have the little tab on my floppy in the unprotected position. Happens with a whole box of new floppies. Is it time to get a new floppy drive or can I solve this problem??

Chris the Ancient 10:14 26 Jan 04

There are usually plenty of threads on this subject if you search.

Sometimes the drive cable can come loose. Have you checked?

However, it does sound very like the drive is on its way out - and the price of a replacement is not that high these days.

Eusebius 10:50 26 Jan 04

I found a thread in a previous problem, which sounded similar to mine. It was resolved when the user who posted the question stated that the problem was, the BIOS was set to write protect. Can anyone tell me how to access the BIOS and where I go to check if I have the same problem?

ventanas 11:21 26 Jan 04

T access the bios you have to press a particulat key just after you switch on, usually Del.

Have look at the bottom of the first screen that appears when you switch on. It will say Press Del to enter setup, or a different key if that applies.

Where the option will be is anybody's guess without knowing what bios you have. You can have a search through all the options as long as you don't change anything, except this one.

AndyJ 11:56 26 Jan 04

If you're using them straight out of the box, try reformatting them first on your machine, then try and copy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…