//some 3rd party need geo

floppy disk question ????

Magik ®© 18:59 25 Jan 05

hi, my grandaughter has saved her homework on a floppy disk, now she can not get into it, i have brought it home with me to try, but all i get is "this disk is not formatted" is all lost?

thanks

JonnyTub 19:03 25 Jan 05

I'd personally be inclined to use a file recovery programme such as this excellent free utility click here

Derek 19:16 25 Jan 05

The first thing that I'd do is to make a copy even though there maybe nothing on it. That way, if you do have data on it, at least it will be a 'safe' copy.
Wait for a few more replies before venturing further and, just a thought, have a look in the forums output on the subject by 'searching'. Another thought, perhaps there's a free programme residing in PDa's Download section.

VoG II 19:39 25 Jan 05

Try Drive Rescue click here

I've used this succesfully to recover documents off a floppy that I had formatted (twerp that I am).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:48 25 Jan 05

File recovery :-
file_recovery click here
R_Studio click here-

Virus_Utilities/Panda_Platinum_Internet_Security_Download.html
Easyrecovery click here
Floppy recovery click here
Drive Rescue click here
From cfc msticks smartmedia etc.
Smart recovery click here
zero assumption click here

Magik ®© 20:06 25 Jan 05

thank you all so much, moreso from little charlotte, i donwloaded the file recovery prog and lo and behold it found 128 files, all about Hanibal and his elephants..just rung her and told her the news, I shall now email them all back to her........thank you all again.

Ron and Charlotte

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…