Floppy Disk goes read only. Continuation.

Compewnut 15:06 19 Mar 03

FD brand new. Formatted before use. 103 pages of notes on the FD. 2 years research. Edited notes to screen many times as fresh info needed to be added to notes on FD. Last time edited, nearly finished adding further notes when screen went blank. White screen. Panic. Message that FD read only. Can now get notes back onto screen but if try to add info the letters on screen bright blue. If I try to delete original notes it just turns the original black letters bright blue and not delete.

BRYNIT 16:05 19 Mar 03

Why not stick to original thread click here

VoG™ 16:42 19 Mar 03

As I asked in your previous thread, what program (and version) are you trying to edit the file with?

VoG™ 21:12 20 Mar 03

powerless 21:23 20 Mar 03

Hello.

VoG™ 21:30 20 Mar 03

lol

I've coined the phrase "post and go" for people who don't respond but this is a "post and disappear"!

Compewnut 18:29 21 Mar 03

Sincere apologies to Powerless and VOGtm. Could not reply as had to go to Sussex on busines and did not get back till late.
I am not a computer boffin and am still learning about Win EP Home, and Word. What I am after is to get the computer to type in black letters and not bright blue.
If you reply can you suggest do this that and the other etc. Talk about threads strings etc leaves me baffled. Cheers.

MAJ 18:37 21 Mar 03

Hi Compewnut, you see what's happened is that you have spread your query all over the forum in different entries (threads) and now everyone is totally confused (I am anyway). Unless we go back through all the threads and check all the timings of the posts and all the answers, we don't know how far you are on, or what has been tried, or in some cases, what you're talking about. So if possible, explain again what has happened/is happening and what you have tried.

VoG™ 18:44 21 Mar 03

Can you save the file?

Open the file in Word, File/Save As

Enter a different filename and in the box under the filename one click the down arrow and select "Rich Text Format" and click the Save button.

Exit word.

Restart Word and open the RTF file that you just saved.

Any luck?

MAJ 18:48 21 Mar 03

Ah you know what's going on Vog™.

Nearly time for the pub. :-)

Compewnut 19:09 21 Mar 03

If I was with you the round would be on me!!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…