Floppy disk drive wont work

WYN BACH 15:58 26 Feb 04

Every time I try and use my floppy disk drive it keeps saying that the disk has not been formatted, yet I know that the disk is ok because I've used it on my mates computer. Please help I,ve got a project to do and it's got to be done on this disk.

john-232317 16:32 26 Feb 04

Do you have problems with other floppies ?

Can you copy a new one on your mates pc and try that ?

stylehurst 16:35 26 Feb 04

Try running Scandisk on the offending floppy.

Gongoozler 16:38 26 Feb 04

What versions of Windows do you and your mate have?

WYN BACH 16:49 26 Feb 04

BOTH OF US HAVE THE SAME VERSION OF WINDOWS XP,AND I CAN'T USE ANY FLOPPY DISK.

Gongoozler 16:58 26 Feb 04

I think this could be a loose cable connection, but is more likely to be a faulty floppy drive. You can get a new one for under £10 click here

WYN BACH 17:10 26 Feb 04

Is there any drivers I can update, or anything that I can download off the internet? It's a floppy drive from a HP Pavillion Model 8695, but that's not the computer that's it in now.

Stuartli 17:12 26 Feb 04

New floppies by Sony etc are under a fiver but, in the vast majority of cases, a non-working floppy drive is due to a faulty, damaged or incorrectly fitted cable.

Windows provides the basic driver for a floppy drive - you don't need anything else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…