Floppy disk different os incompatability ?

Sprintthegrint 14:50 24 Jan 07

I have a new computer (6months old anyway) running win2000pro and my old one running win98se.
Both fdd are fully functioning and will read and write with no problem. Except when I create a disk on either and try to read them on the other. I get disk unformatted error messages. I've been looking at this for a while on the web and it seems that there may be a known issue but search as I might I can't find anything definative either by way of diagnosis or cure. Any ideas please people?

brundle 14:57 24 Jan 07

Common thing with those drives, the heads are most likely aligned differently so they can't read disks written or formatted on the other.

Diversion 16:05 24 Jan 07

I've had the same problem since my computer was new, I've even bought a new floppy drive to replace the unused one in the computer and that wouldn't work either. Sometimes it would write to the floppy, if I took the floppy out then re-inserted it to the floppy drive it couldn't read the disk it has just wrote. I just gave it up as a bad job and thrown all the box of 100 floppies in the bin. And they were 1.4MB HD disc's the right type for the drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…