Floppy Disk

ivy lynn-251214 17:21 11 Apr 03

Can anyone advise me please?

Although i have had my PC 13 months i have never used the floppy disk, now when i try to use it the message "insert disk into drive A " appears, although i have a floppy disk inserted.

Any ideas please !!!

Diemmess 17:55 11 Apr 03

Sign of the times .... Is the floppy doomed!

Have you tried looking in My Computer for Drive A?

If it is not shown there then you may have to consider all sorts of engineering ploys.

In no way being condescending, but I assume you bought a computer and use it but have no "inside" experience.

Post again to this thread with a bit more detail of your operating system and any other things which might help.

TECHNODIMWIT 17:59 11 Apr 03

etna.

time to try a floppy disc cleaner, may just be accumulated dust, as the drive has never been used.

mark

TECHNODIMWIT 22:56 12 Apr 03

Message received from etna

No i have not tried cleaning it, do I buy the item needed at a store, and do you have any idea what there is available?

easily obtainable, go to click here

search for UX40T priced £7.99

also you will find it best to post to forum as many good people are always here to try and help.

mark

ivy lynn-251214 13:52 19 Apr 03

problem solved.........................

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…