Floppy disc reader

SONGS 15:34 07 Jun 06

I have a Sony Floppy disc reader which gives me the message "the disk is not formatted" every time I try to read a disc. This first occurred when I put in the 2nd of my file discs saved on my 98SP2 computer.Device Manager tells me the hardware is working correctly with no conflicts.

rodriguez 15:48 07 Jun 06

This is a common problem with floppy disk drives and it sounds like yours has either worn out or has dirty heads. You can get a new one for a couple of quid so you may as well throw it out and get a new drive.

mattyc_92 15:51 07 Jun 06

I have many problems like this.

I read something about Windows 98 formats a floppy disc very slightly different to Windows XP, and WinXP doesn't "like" it.

Try "Bad Copy Pro" click here

rodriguez 15:52 07 Jun 06

Just one word of warning - don't put any more disks in it. I had a drive with that problem and every time i put a disk in there it corrupted the disk and made it unreadable on other drives.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…