Floppy disc drive & USB problem

nick35 13:30 16 May 04

I have inherited a computer & have the following issues:

It has USB ports but does not recognise them
It does not recognise the floppy disc drive
I cannot flsah the Bios as the system does not recognise the alt & f2 action (message comes up No fdd present)

Lastly, I cannot go into the BIOS as it is password protected & no one knows the password

Motherboard is Chaintech 6AIV2T

pj123 13:40 16 May 04

The BIOS password is not a problem. Some motherboards have a jumper to reset. Don't know about the Chaintech mobo but look on the board and there should be a 3 pin jumper. Pins 1 and 2 reset the BIOS. Just take the jumper off pins 2 and 3 and put them on pins 1 and 2 and leave for a few seconds and then put them back on pins 2 and 3 and the password should be taken off. If that doesn't work, or if there are no jumpers remove the mobo battery for a few minutes and then replace it and then switch on.

pj123 13:44 16 May 04

Sorry, meant to say that if the mobo does have the jumper on it, it would say something like "Clear CMOS" near the pins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…