floppy disc address problem

aboutit 17:34 02 Dec 04

can anyone explain why when trying to use the floppy disc on win XP I get the message A:/ is not accesible. No ID address mark was found on the floppy disc

Gongoozler 17:58 02 Dec 04

Is this a problem with any floppy disk, or just one particular disk, and has the floppy drive ever worked on this computer or have you done anything recently to the computer that may have caused the problem?

aboutit 18:02 02 Dec 04

on any floppy disc. and yes I have used the floppy before on this computer. No I haven`t done anything to cause the problem that I can think of. Have done a run for sfc /scannow and everythings o.k.

Gongoozler 18:36 02 Dec 04

Floppy drive failure isn't uncommon, and unless a cable has worked loose, then for under £5 trying a new floppy drive is probably the easiest starting point click here

mole44 08:16 03 Dec 04

go get yourself a pen drive better storage and no problems with floppy reading or messing up i use one ant can`t recomend them enough

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…