Floppy and CDrom drive error.

azxcf 01:49 04 Jan 03
  azxcf 01:49 04 Jan 03

i recently bought a hp vectra and it came
with a cdrom drive and a floopy disk drive.
Coincidentaly, they both broke down(physically).
I bought new ones. At first the floppy drive
worked. Then I Received a "Floppy Disk Error"
when i booted up. i tried everything. then, i bought a cdrom drive. this did not work ether.
i put it on the same ide channel as my hard drive and that did not work. i even bought a new ide cable. still no luck. could you help me please?
thanx a lot

P.S. (Im running win98se, with 64mb ram and
a 133mhz processor.)

Djohn 02:25 04 Jan 03

With the CD rom drive, have you set it to slave when it is on the same cable as the H/Drive, or to master if on it's own cable? J.

azxcf 02:43 04 Jan 03

yes

BrianW 19:37 04 Jan 03

may be your BIOS reset when you had the break down? have you checked BIOS, set all refs to IDE drives, CD-ROM, Floppy Drives to "auto". May help.

azxcf 21:44 04 Jan 03

yes

Thanuseelan 21:48 04 Jan 03

Does the error mesage not allow you to boot your computer. Something allong the lines of 'sector 40' can only remember vague words.

Thanuseelan 21:48 04 Jan 03

Does the error mesage not allow you to boot your computer. Something allong the lines of 'sector 40' can only remember vague words. If so, then post back and I will tell u what to do.

Thanuseelan 21:49 04 Jan 03

Does the error mesage not allow you to boot your computer. Something allong the lines of 'sector 40/80' can only remember vague words. If so, then post back and I will tell u what to do.

Thanuseelan 21:50 04 Jan 03

sorry about the dual message thing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…