floppy backup problem

jstaunton 20:30 02 Dec 03

i copied all my files to floppy (zipped some). now have done clean install of xp. restoring back up from floppy 2 problems.
1. microsoft money backup keeps saying floppy needs formating. if i do this i will loose all (2 years accounts) how can i restore it from the floppy.

2 i use incredimail, and used the transfer data. zipped it on to 3 floppies. now have unzipped and when i go to get all my settings and old email it says it needs 2.0gb of free space to install. i have tried to delete the files in the cabinet that i dont want but it wont let me i can only copy them.

BlueMeanie 23:07 02 Dec 03

Problem 1, try copying the floppy first and use the copied disk. Use a windows 98 computer if possible. The old DOS command diskcopy is useful/ Diskcopy A: A:

Or try just dragging the files from the floppy to a new location, and then copying these files to a new floppy. Again a Windows 98 computer might be better.

Windows ZX can be fussy about its Floppy's.

Problem 2 - sorry no ideas.

PS Write protect the floppy's for safety !

jstaunton 15:53 03 Dec 03

thanks for the info, used another computer with 98, put money on it, and then restored file from floppy and copied it to a new floppy.
then restored it on my xp system no problem. still unsure of why it happened.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now