Floating Point Not Supported..?

Whaty 07:56 02 Feb 04

I've recently installed MS Encarta Plus 2004 and since then (I think.?) I've been getting a random message, 'Error: Floating Point Not Supported'. The only option is to 'Close' the dialogue box and when I do so, I lose some of the Mouse functionality (it's a Primax Wheel Mouse), basically it will no longer scroll and its icon dissappears from the taskbar. If I re-load the mouse drivers all seems okay for a short while but then it happens again. Last night after closing the dialogue box my system froze, I could not re-boot using CTRL, ALT, DEL and had to use the reset button.. I've recently done a clean re-install of W98 and all seemed well until I loaded Encarta.. Any ideas... Please....

Whaty 12:35 15 Apr 04

Thought it was about time I closed this thread. I've resolved the issue by un-installing the mouse drivers, not ideal because obviously I've lost some of the functionality but at least I don't get the error message and my machine doesn't freeze..!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…