Flippin 3 Advert

barrie_g 18:39 07 Jul 03

how do I stop the sound on the new 3 ad permantly its really starting to wind me up to a point where I am thinking of going elsewhere until its gone.

Lú-tzé 18:41 07 Jul 03

Use Mozilla - I have never seen this "3" on any of its many incarnations which cause comment every now and again.

imarcus2 18:53 07 Jul 03

Aaaaaaaargh -- I have it too! It's some form of PCAdvisor nonsense. Have searched, but nothing seems to turn it off on the advert -- sorted it temporarily by muting the PC, but it's not a good enough solution.!!!!

Hope it doesn't appear on the mobile fone!

mikef. 18:53 07 Jul 03

With the last 3 adverts I mailed them informing them that due to their intrusive advertising I would never consider using them now or in the future, they replied, eventually 2 months later, saying that they took all complaints seriously, I don't think they take any notice at all.

Peverelli 18:55 07 Jul 03

I don't mind it happening once - but EVERY time I click on a link is too much.

User-312386 19:02 07 Jul 03

all you have to do is click on the mute button, on the site

barrie_g 19:03 07 Jul 03

I would agree, after the first time when I nearly had a toilet break, (I was enjoying the gentle Hum of my coooling fans and forgot the speakers were turned up from earlier) I got the Idea about what the ad was trying to say by the 2nd time, the 3rd time I was getting bored with it, and now it really is starting to well scince we can no longer use creative punctuation instead of expletives you will just have to imagine.

for now I guess I'll just have to mute the speakers as per imarcus.

barrie_g 19:04 07 Jul 03

virtually every page or every time I hit the back button.

Peverelli 19:04 07 Jul 03

Click on the stop button (the grey square) underneath the little screen on the ad on the left edge of your screen.

barrie_g 19:06 07 Jul 03

tried that earlier and tried again upon recieving your post and it still has no effect.

leo49 19:07 07 Jul 03

If only whingeing was an Olympic sport....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…