Flightsim crashes after 5-10 mins

carpo1 00:02 03 Feb 03

I have a Duron 1000Mhz Processor mounted on a Abit KT7A motherboard with 384 Mb Ram and a Matrox G400 Graphics card. I am running FS2002 Pro on Windows 2000 with DirectX 8.1

After 5-10 minutes of "flying" the Program stops responding and I have to restart my pc by cycling the power. please help !

Gongoozler 07:49 03 Feb 03

carpo1, when anything takes this amount of time to happen I always suspect the problem to be heat related. Use the hardware monitor to check the temperature of your processor. You may have to run Flightsim for just under the time you normally get before a crash to see if that causes the temperature to rise significantly. Is your power supply capable of running the 1G Duron and Matrox G400, and is the graphics card properly cooled? You could try running your computer with the cover off and see if you get longer working time that way. If that helps, then perhaps a case fan will cure the problem.

carpo1 00:23 10 Feb 03

thanks Gongoozler

I now running with the cover off my PC and i have a 250W power supply but it is still happening - any further thoughts ?

SpyMan²°°­­³ 00:49 10 Feb 03

Now assuming that heat is not the problem, i personally think that your graphics card is struggling with the game. Within the game you will have options for the graphics....chnge all the options available to the lowest quality possible.

Then try it, report back.

P.S. Have you downloaded the latest patches for you game and latest drivers for your graphics card?

pc moron 00:51 10 Feb 03

If it's on, turn off antialiasing and run the game.

SpyMan²°°­­³ 17:34 19 Feb 03

have you sorted it??

poet 22:56 19 Feb 03

good chance it is your psu, look for a 350w+
it solved my problem
poet

Ironman556 23:24 19 Feb 03

I'm having a problem with certain games doing exactly the same. I'm running a 250W supply, which I'm told is low, so I'm about to upgrade to a 550W PSU. I'm also told that an underrated PSU can also damage your mainborad, which is another reason I'm upgrading. I'll let you know if it makes any difference. (probably be in a week or two when I can get hold of it)

Maplins are currently doing decent 400W PSU's for £30. The offere's only on for another couple of days though. I think they should support AMD, but check before you buy.

carpo1 12:08 22 Feb 03

I have arranged to borrow a psu from a friend I will let you guys know the results - it may be a day or two - many thanks to you all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…