flight simulator for Vista lappy

QinesiQ 21:51 08 Jul 07

Hi

Can any one recommend a flight simulator that will run on Vista?

And also give their input on how good it is?

Oh and a joy-stick too (which may help to preserve the lappy from too much pounding).

I have no idea about these game-things.

It is for my mum - she retired this year and I think she is now looking to be an ace gamer.

If she comes home with a nose piercing I think I will have to ground her!

And I already have a tear-away retired father to contend with – it shouldn’t be allowed ;-)

Cheers

Technotiger 22:08 08 Jul 07

I suggest Microsoft FSX (Flight Sim X), it comes in two versions, Standard £50, Deluxe £60. I have the Deluxe version, it is grreat! Mind you, it needs a good specs computer, but it is Vista compatible. I use a Microsoft SideWinder Pro2 joystick.

Technotiger 22:11 08 Jul 07

Ooops ... not Pro2, should be Precision 2.

Totally-braindead 22:16 08 Jul 07

I would check the specs against your laptop as it might not run it, graphics in particular might be a stumbling block.

wolfie3000 02:03 09 Jul 07
  QinesiQ 11:10 10 Jul 07

Many many thanks for all your kind replies and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Technotiger thank you - looks very interesting will take a look and check my specks.

I will indeed check the laptop specks Totally-braindead. There’s a dedicated onboard graphics card so hopefully she (and maybe even I) will be kept amused.

wolfie3000 thank you for your links - look incredible and just what she’s after. I have not had a chance to get through them fully with her but will do so as soon as I can.

Thanks you all very much.

Technotiger 13:03 10 Jul 07

Scroll down to the Trial version download - try it for free first!

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…