Flight Sim X fails to load

jonmac 07:53 20 May 10

My copy of Flight Sim loaded OK under Win XP but under Win 7 in same machine doesn't. Other software loads as it should but the Flight Sim DVD just spins, with the read light and the HD light flickering away indefinitely. I have tried manually via two set-up files I can see in Explorer but to no avail. The DVD looks OK physically. Anyone suggest what else I can try.

dogtrack 08:14 20 May 10

Not sure if this is your problem, but it could well be.

FSX can only be used on one machine, it checks its self with Microsoft.

A new OS may be giving the wrong info. In which case you might need to contact Microsoft by phone.

You may find more info at the following forums:-

click here

click here

I used to use FS9 but found my machine would not cope with FSX, so gave up on it. When I buy another PC then I might try again.

FSXs programming was too far ahead of hardware capabilities at the time.

jonmac 16:03 20 May 10

Thanks for the response dogtrack. I did a reply this morning but somerhow it hasn't posted, Strange! Any way, I forgot that the disc was still in the DVD spinning away and later whilst doing something else up came the installation box. I clicked the appropriate buttons and it began to load.
That was just after breakfast and now, at 4pm, it's still not finished. I await developments!

bremner 16:04 20 May 10

FYI

I have installed Flight Sim X only a few days ago on my Windows 7 64 bit machine with no problems, so it is not a W7 problem.

jonmac 22:57 20 May 10

Thanks bremner. Your right, it's probably not a Win 7 problem as other software loads OK. The completion of the installation took until after 5pm i.e. 9 hrs! Must be a record I reckon but it seems to be working as it should. I'd love to know what the problem was though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…